FIND InnoNuggets

 

My Book on Strategic Decision Making

My Book on Strategic Decision Making
Applying the Analytic Hierarchy Process

Thursday, November 22, 2007

How do you consume Media?

There was time when I used to read books, articles in very short span of time. There was a time when whatever printed paper I could lay my hands on - I used to consume. There was an almost obsessive media consumption habbit - the print media that I used to consume.

Then came the media on the computer screen, media on television screens, media on websites, pdfs, now we have the wikies and the blogs. If I really try to read a big fat novel now on paper print - I have a feeling I will take 10 times more duration than I used to do earlier.

The attention span is going rapidly down - down and down. The new screens are the 2 inches screens on my mobile - thats the media that that I will have - what can I read there.
There is a need for byte size media consumption. The New industry is how to create small crisp clear messages to be printed as small consumable capsules - well the age of large detailed reports, papers and books is slowly dwindling - Yet the variety that I am reading today is far more than I was reading earlier -

The width has increased exponentially -

We are entering the age of micro-media This link indicates the emergence of what the author says micro-behaviours.

No comments:

My Book @Goodread