WHAT AND HOW OF STARTING THE NEW (7P6D MODEL)
7Ps of starting something new
1. Passion Long term sustainability will require passion - Passion creates a momentum in you that overcomes all possible naysayers and inertias of why something will not work
2. Patience Take it that there will be delays, difficulties and outright demeaning people - with smiles that means mockery - however please also remember - each such smile - also hides a fear - fear of "if you succeed..." then those smiles have to become awe ... To override all these smiles - build patience in your system
3. Perseverance King Bruce and the spider - will start making complete sense to you - there is no other method than learning from spider - on rebuilding your net - again and again even if you keep on failing.
4. Planning is actually an essential activity. Even if innovators may not understand it. I suggest a minimum level of planning is essential - key list of activities and follow up on them over a period of time - makes sense
5. Pride is something that I learnt recently. I somehow never thought about pride in doing what you are starting - actually Pride in doing the change is so important that it can actually lead you to build on other Ps.
Originally I had 5Ps now I am adding two more Ps - Purpose and Planet
6. Purpose is the main starting point. It has to come from within, the purpose of what you want to create.
7. Planet is the key to defining your purpose. If the purpose is not aligned with the Planet earth - the nature - it will not lead to a sustainable venture.
So if you want to create change in the world that you want to see - build on 7Ps!
6Ds of how to do something new1. DISCOVER - Your business, your market, your social network, your customers or even yourself. This springs from your purpose within the constraints
2. DEFINE - What is your business and what is the key message of your business
3. DESCRIBE - Elaborate what you defined by describing in detail the customer value that your business is creating or will be creating
4. DEVELOP - Develop the messages/communications for all possible channels - print, TV, online, Email, social networks, micro blog, blog of your company, SMS, and online videos and all possible channels. Also the business model, the model of the idea, a prototype of the product.
5. DEPLOY - Start deploying with an initial design in mind for creating Tipping Point by finding Mavens/salesmen/connectors in the networks of your choice, but before that make your product/service sticky. If you follow Duncan Watts of Small world fame, may be just start telling the crowd.
6. DEDUCE - whatever is happening you need to find out how its happening. Carry out what I call Word of Mouth Marketing (WOMM) Promoter Score - a combo of Net Promoter Score and Tipping Point framework.
Use 7P6D Model of starting on your idea! ~ Believe me it is doable!