Project Management Institute (PMI)'s Bangalore Chapter, annual conference PMPC 2012 will be held on 14-15 September 2012.
Join us for a half day tutorial on TRIZ on 13th September 2012
INVENTING NEW PROJECTS - Applying TRIZ for project creation before managing
The new world is thriving on innovation – which we define as successful creation of change using ideas. To innovate – we need to create the new. We believe the project managers need to become project creators.
Ideas – how to get the Non-obvious ones
TRIZ - History
After the Second World War, Altshuller, a patent officer in the Soviet Navy, started a systematic study of patents and inventions. His aim was to find out what makes a successful invention! Can there be an algorithm for inventing? His expedition culminated in TRIZ – The Theory of Inventive Problem Solving, dispelling some innovation myths along the way
· My Field is Unique (In fact, problems and solutions in multiple fields are same or similar)
· Experts know Best (In fact, deeper knowledge leads to psychological inertia)
· Systems Evolve Randomly (in fact, system evolution is predictable at the abstract level)
· Invention is the search for the Optimal Solution (in fact, Inventions eliminate system conflicts not compromise)
The Theory of Inventive Problem Solving (TRIZ) is most potent methodology for inventing the new – this tutorial will expose the PMs to develop into project creators as well – which is the basic need in the changing world!
Delegates will be exposed to
- Understanding the level of an invention and a patent
- Finding out the key contradictions the invention is solving
- Defining problems by understanding systems and Functions
- Laws and lines of system evolution/Imagining future systems using Laws of system Evolution