FIND InnoNuggets

 

My Book on Strategic Decision Making

My Book on Strategic Decision Making
Applying the Analytic Hierarchy Process

Saturday, June 27, 2009

"I will tell how to innovate - You innovate"

Innovation has become such an abused word everywhere, that nowadays, i dont even look at these articles and books.

Secondly, there are people who say," you should do innovation the way I am telling you". They will typically back it up with post facto stories of someone did that and did this.

Having met many such self-professed guru's, I am already tired of their lessons learned and abstracted to create their methods of innovation.

When you ask them to - lets do it, they say "yes yes, you do it, we are with you".
It is rare that these people will take the plunge into change!

To my mind, people who preach and preach - loose authenticity and credibility.

Are you a preacher or an innovator?

1 comment:

Rathnadhar.K.V. said...

Thou shalt do as I say will kill innovation.

Its from my personal experience. People who dont understand the innovation, its long term benefits or the subject itself, but are more interested in short term monetary benefits, who are used to command and control (of regular brick and mortar industry), kill such open discussions, free minds.

They just cannot tolerate other who can think independently and give a different solution to a problem.

They are more worried about their own carriers, their own growing up the corporate ladder and their own G&Os.

Ultimately they kill innovation and in long run the organization itself.

Big conglomerates are primary examples of this manifestation.

My Book @Goodread