FIND InnoNuggets

 

My Book on Strategic Decision Making

My Book on Strategic Decision Making
Applying the Analytic Hierarchy Process

Sunday, January 06, 2008

The Analytic Hierarchy Process

The Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP) - has been so much ingrained in me now that I can sleep walk though any group decision making problem which is quite complex and structure it quite nicely as an AHP problem and create a solution.

This is not a self-boasting statement, it is really the power of the method developed three decades back by Thomas L Saaty it is indeed the simplicity and natural way the AHP gets into a problem that the methodology has enormous power. My book on Strategic Decision Making - Using the AHP shows the width of the method that I have used to solve real-world strategic decision making problems.

Since then I have used the technique to create many frameworks that have been used in variety of scenarios

1. Aligning Enterprise Initiatives with Balanced Score Card
2. Assessment of IT applications for Globally distributed scenarios
3. Creating and Evaluating multiple strategies to achieve long term objectives

etc...

Wikipedia has the Analytic Hierarchy Process entry which explains the process. There are many dedicated companies providing AHP based software packages including the Expert Choice

Yet it is such a surprise that AHP has not been so well known as some of the other techniques or methods! What could be the reason - May be the mathematics behind the technique hinders people exploring it - I have to answer this I think, yet I cant find a better method for decision making in a group setting!

No comments:

My Book @Goodread