FIND InnoNuggets

 

My Book on Strategic Decision Making

My Book on Strategic Decision Making
Applying the Analytic Hierarchy Process

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Process Management - A Holistic Approach

The article by my friend Mannu Thareja on Process Management is informative and may be useful to follow when processes are to be designed ab-initio.

My only contention in process focussed improvement is - if it is not flowing through system thinking - an approach where processes interact and are looked at from a complexity perspective, one may optimize a process at the cost of system degradation.

First step is really the system study - rather than process study.
Once we have chosen the process - may be the methodology or set of methodologies can lead to holistic management.

No comments:

My Book @Goodread