FIND InnoNuggets

 

My Book on Strategic Decision Making

My Book on Strategic Decision Making
Applying the Analytic Hierarchy Process

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Life Lesson - Apply your own mind always!

When I was in school (Class VII - 1977, , 31 years back - phew), I was told by my Math Teacher,

"there is no harm in copying from the guy sitting next to you, in fact this indicates your smartness, but it is really the height of foolishness to copy as is without applying your own mind".

Somehow, this message has not left me till date.

And may be thats the reason for success in applying some of the abstract concepts to solve real life problems!

2 comments:

Anu said...

Nakal ke liye bhi akal chahiye...:-)

Navneet Bhushan said...

Yes.. Just to say it differently - Wohi successfully Nakal kar sakta hai jiske paas Akal ho -

Only through application of your own mind you can succeed in copying others !

Thats how we learn - by copying our parents, teachers, others around us - but we also interpret and try to put some of our own things!

My Book @Goodread