FIND InnoNuggets

 

My Book on Strategic Decision Making

My Book on Strategic Decision Making
Applying the Analytic Hierarchy Process

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Results from social networking - LinkedIn

Ellen Domb asked me the value/results of LinkedIn so far that I have realized, this was in response to my invitation for her to connect on LinkedIn.

Hello, Navneet: I have not yet (2 years) seen any useful results from LinkedIn, but I'm willing to try the experiment of joining networks. Have you gotten any good results from it?

My answer:

Hi Ellen, The most useful results have been recommendations from my colleagues - without me asking them - that I think is a great result - a feedback where people who mattered to you actually give their opinion in a free and uncluttered manner.

2. Ability to mine my friends's friends networks is also an interesting result - knowing who know whom - a kind of connection map - may be when you have an idea you can create a Tipping Point by connecting to people who can propagate it- Mavens, Connectors and salesmen (as per Gladwell's Tipping point)

3. I asked some questions on Lean product development - and amazing responses I received from all over the world.

4. I am also a member of Ryze and a friend asked me to get into Facebook as well. - I think the social networking and social computing is the future - what with all the web 2.0 becoming what people call the enterprise 2.0 .

In my view - usefulness can be in multiple dimensions - emotional, financial as well as functional - Knowing that I know so many and knowing that so many know me - that I exist - gives me a great high - may be its a fundamental craving for recognition - however these tools are making an individual capable of changing the world :)

I think the question was very interesting and hence I posted it on my blog as well!

No comments:

My Book @Goodread