FIND InnoNuggets

 

My Book on Strategic Decision Making

My Book on Strategic Decision Making
Applying the Analytic Hierarchy Process

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Time to start the new field of Innovation Science

I really think, it makes great sense to explore the world of Innovation - we need to build this field of explaining Innovation. Taking a leaf from Sciences of the Artificial by Herbert Simon, I propose that we start the field of INNOVATION SCIENCE

The field will explore and explain the structure of Innovation, explain the processes of Innovation and develop repeatable hypothesis regarding the efficacy of Innovation.

I invite all to start this field -

This is something that Altshuller tried to explain - when he started the quest for a Theory of Inventive Problem Solving or TRIZ (if we go for Russian acronym) - I believe we need to really take this work forward, combine with the Sciences of the artificial with the practicality and natural evolution of Lean thinking especially Lean Product Development - to create the new science of Innovation.

These three thinking dimensions and methododlogies - TRIZ, Lean and System Thinking is the part of a new framework that I have developed I call it the LEAN INVENTIVE SYSTEM THINKING (LIST) which I am offering as a one day workshop at TRIZCON 2008 - We can meet and discuss it further at the TRIZCON 2008 as well!

No comments:

My Book @Goodread