FIND InnoNuggets

 

My Book on Strategic Decision Making

My Book on Strategic Decision Making
Applying the Analytic Hierarchy Process

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

200th post of the year 2008

This is my 200th post of 2008.

I started the year with a sort of resolution to make one post per day on an average. I think I was meeting that objective slowly but surely. Lately however - last two months especially June and July 08 this objective could not be met.

One reason is that I am involved in setting up the new company http://www.crafitti.com.
Second reason may be that since my laptop crashed and it took lot of time to make a functional system . Further it will take some more time before I get a new laptop.

Yet another reason may be that I was catching up on lots of papers that I thought I will read.

But none of them really stand in the way. I am 25 posts off from the objective of one post per day.

This brings me to the point of how Toyota can produce cars as per takt time. I think it is amazing and requires tremendous collective discipline, trust, and work compared to lot of talks, finding mistakes in others work, discussing a lot not actually doing much which most of us in large organizations are used to!

I promise to cover the back log! As I move ahead!

1 comment:

Sunil Raghunathan said...

Hi Navneet

Interesting that you mentioned! Few Pot-pourri insights:
1. Toyota has increased the Takt time in NA plants due to falling demand for automobiles. So Toyotas focus to continuously improve the takt time can also become futile under certain economic context
2. In large organization, the challenge often is to get sponsorhip for running any new challenging initiatives. They are often impaired by the complex bureaucracies for approvals, sign-offs, budgets, etc that seldom does an initiative see the light of the day. But still, some of the large companies still are growing profitably without running such initiatives. (You can see HP Vds Dell case as an example as well)

Now having said the above I see a connect in both the above rational thoughts. Neither Lots of Actions and no thought nor lots of thoughts/ideas but no actions by themselves define success. Lets forget what organizations/Groups/individuals want to do. The endeavour that you've embarked on to write one article a day is a noble one; and go on with it.

My Book @Goodread