FIND InnoNuggets

 

My Book on Strategic Decision Making

My Book on Strategic Decision Making
Applying the Analytic Hierarchy Process

Saturday, May 10, 2008

What is the function of IT?

Theory of Inventive Problem Solving (TRIZ) focuses on the function that system delivers and then looks at how to achieve that function in an ideal way. I have recently added that the ideal way should also include ideal structure besides no cost and no harm. The ideal structure will be least complex structure - mind you I say least complex. not simple!

Coming to TRIZ thinking for IT. What is the function that IT delivers? (Information technology)

Information Technology is viewed as performing

(1) Processing function (transformation)

Data -> Information -> Knowledge

(2) Representation of

Data -> Information -> Knowledge

(3) Communication (exchange) of

Data -> Information -> Knowledge

Is there any other function IT performs?

No comments:

My Book @Goodread